CoStar Group (NASDAQ: CSGP) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 2/27/2019 – CoStar Group had its price target raised by analysts at SunTrust Banks, Inc. to $460.00. They now have a “positive” rating on the stock.
- 2/27/2019 – CoStar Group had its price target raised by analysts at Wells Fargo & Co from $475.00 to $500.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 2/27/2019 – CoStar Group had its price target raised by analysts at B. Riley from $460.00 to $512.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 2/27/2019 – CoStar Group had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Bank of America Corp. They now have a $460.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $429.00.
- 2/12/2019 – CoStar Group was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 2/4/2019 – CoStar Group was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 1/29/2019 – CoStar Group was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
Shares of CSGP traded down $2.98 on Thursday, reaching $465.67. The stock had a trading volume of 132,780 shares, compared to its average volume of 193,180. The stock has a market cap of $17.08 billion, a P/E ratio of 62.93, a P/E/G ratio of 3.08 and a beta of 1.46. CoStar Group Inc has a twelve month low of $315.85 and a twelve month high of $484.92.
CoStar Group (NASDAQ:CSGP) last announced its earnings results on Tuesday, February 26th. The technology company reported $2.81 EPS for the quarter, beating analysts’ consensus estimates of $2.53 by $0.28. The firm had revenue of $315.57 million for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $310.19 million. CoStar Group had a return on equity of 9.30% and a net margin of 20.00%. CoStar Group’s quarterly revenue was up 24.2% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the prior year, the firm earned $1.25 EPS. As a group, equities analysts expect that CoStar Group Inc will post 9.03 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
In other CoStar Group news, VP Matthew Linnington sold 4,701 shares of the stock in a transaction on Friday, March 1st. The stock was sold at an average price of $477.31, for a total transaction of $2,243,834.31. The sale was disclosed in a legal filing with the SEC, which is accessible through the SEC website. Also, Director John W. Hill sold 1,042 shares of the stock in a transaction on Wednesday, December 26th. The shares were sold at an average price of $330.88, for a total value of $344,776.96. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. In the last quarter, insiders have sold 66,461 shares of company stock worth $31,346,029. 2.47% of the stock is owned by insiders.
Large investors have recently made changes to their positions in the business. Norges Bank purchased a new position in shares of CoStar Group during the 4th quarter worth $107,490,000. American Century Companies Inc. lifted its stake in shares of CoStar Group by 124.5% during the 4th quarter. American Century Companies Inc. now owns 481,418 shares of the technology company’s stock worth $162,402,000 after purchasing an additional 266,965 shares during the period. Mackenzie Financial Corp lifted its stake in shares of CoStar Group by 100.6% during the 4th quarter. Mackenzie Financial Corp now owns 423,354 shares of the technology company’s stock worth $142,814,000 after purchasing an additional 212,278 shares during the period. JPMorgan Chase & Co. lifted its stake in shares of CoStar Group by 73.6% during the 3rd quarter. JPMorgan Chase & Co. now owns 478,297 shares of the technology company’s stock worth $201,288,000 after purchasing an additional 202,743 shares during the period. Finally, BlackRock Inc. lifted its stake in shares of CoStar Group by 7.0% during the 4th quarter. BlackRock Inc. now owns 3,061,248 shares of the technology company’s stock worth $1,032,680,000 after purchasing an additional 200,620 shares during the period. Hedge funds and other institutional investors own 96.02% of the company’s stock.
CoStar Group, Inc provides information, analytics, and online marketplaces to the commercial real estate industry in the United States and the United Kingdom. The company offers CoStar Property Professional service that provides inventory of office, industrial, retail, and multifamily properties and land.
Featured Story: What is the Federal Reserve?
Receive News & Ratings for CoStar Group Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for CoStar Group Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.