A number of firms have modified their ratings and price targets on shares of CBS (NYSE: CBS) recently:
- 5/18/2018 – CBS had its price target lowered by analysts at Loop Capital from $79.00 to $60.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 5/17/2018 – CBS was downgraded by analysts at Bank of America from a “buy” rating to a “neutral” rating. They now have a $58.00 price target on the stock.
- 5/15/2018 – CBS was upgraded by analysts at Sanford C. Bernstein from a “market perform” rating to an “outperform” rating. They now have a $68.75 price target on the stock, up previously from $47.54.
- 5/8/2018 – CBS had its “positive” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Argus. They now have a $79.00 price target on the stock.
- 5/7/2018 – CBS was given a new $58.00 price target on by analysts at Stephens. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 5/7/2018 – CBS had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Barrington Research. They now have a $73.00 price target on the stock.
- 5/4/2018 – CBS had its price target raised by analysts at Benchmark Co. from $86.00 to $90.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 5/2/2018 – CBS was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 3/28/2018 – CBS had its price target lowered by analysts at Citigroup from $71.00 to $61.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
Shares of CBS opened at $51.61 on Friday, according to MarketBeat.com. CBS Co. has a 12-month low of $53.76 and a 12-month high of $54.58. The stock has a market cap of $20.40 billion, a P/E ratio of 12.32, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 0.73 and a beta of 1.49. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 4.78, a current ratio of 1.52 and a quick ratio of 1.13.
CBS (NYSE:CBS) last announced its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, May 3rd. The media conglomerate reported $1.34 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of $1.19 by $0.15. CBS had a net margin of 7.94% and a return on equity of 77.15%. The company had revenue of $3.76 billion during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $3.65 billion. During the same quarter in the prior year, the company earned $1.04 EPS. CBS’s revenue was up 12.5% compared to the same quarter last year. equities analysts forecast that CBS Co. will post 5.24 earnings per share for the current year.
In related news, CEO Leslie Moonves sold 75,000 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction dated Wednesday, May 9th. The shares were sold at an average price of $51.53, for a total transaction of $3,864,750.00. Following the completion of the sale, the chief executive officer now owns 670,531 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $34,552,462.43. The sale was disclosed in a filing with the SEC, which can be accessed through this hyperlink. In the last ninety days, insiders have sold 330,000 shares of company stock valued at $17,174,900. 1.80% of the stock is owned by corporate insiders.
A number of hedge funds and other institutional investors have recently made changes to their positions in CBS. State of New Jersey Common Pension Fund D grew its stake in CBS by 143.8% during the 1st quarter. State of New Jersey Common Pension Fund D now owns 2,100,000 shares of the media conglomerate’s stock valued at $107,919,000 after acquiring an additional 1,238,670 shares in the last quarter. Newport Trust Co purchased a new stake in shares of CBS in the 1st quarter valued at approximately $59,880,000. Focused Investors LLC grew its stake in shares of CBS by 57.9% in the 4th quarter. Focused Investors LLC now owns 2,565,400 shares of the media conglomerate’s stock valued at $151,359,000 after buying an additional 940,500 shares during the period. Victory Capital Management Inc. grew its stake in shares of CBS by 26.3% in the 4th quarter. Victory Capital Management Inc. now owns 3,577,959 shares of the media conglomerate’s stock valued at $211,100,000 after buying an additional 744,366 shares during the period. Finally, Letko Brosseau & Associates Inc. grew its stake in shares of CBS by 170.0% in the 1st quarter. Letko Brosseau & Associates Inc. now owns 1,003,245 shares of the media conglomerate’s stock valued at $51,557,000 after buying an additional 631,665 shares during the period. 77.91% of the stock is owned by institutional investors.
CBS Corporation operates as a mass media company worldwide. The company operates through four segments: Entertainment, Cable Networks, Publishing, and Local Media. The Entertainment segment distributes a schedule of news and public affairs broadcasts, and sports and entertainment programming; produces, acquires, and/or distributes programming, including series, specials, news, and public affairs; operates online content networks for information and entertainment; produces, acquires, and distributes theatrical motion pictures; and digital streaming services.
Receive News & Ratings for CBS Co Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for CBS Co and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.