Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for Linde (NYSE: LIN):
- 5/15/2019 – Linde was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Linde plc. is an industrial gas and engineering company. Linde plc., formerly known as Praxair Inc., is based in Guildford, UK. “
- 5/14/2019 – Linde had its price target raised by analysts at Barclays PLC from $180.00 to $195.00. They now have an “equal weight” rating on the stock.
- 5/13/2019 – Linde was upgraded by analysts at BMO Capital Markets from a “market perform” rating to an “outperform” rating. They now have a $210.00 price target on the stock.
- 5/8/2019 – Linde was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Linde plc. is an industrial gas and engineering company. Linde plc., formerly known as Praxair Inc., is based in Guildford, UK. “
- 4/15/2019 – Linde had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Societe Generale.
- 4/4/2019 – Linde had its price target raised by analysts at SunTrust Banks, Inc. to $196.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock. They noted that the move was a valuation call. They noted that the move was a valuation call.
- 4/3/2019 – Linde had its price target raised by analysts at KeyCorp from $188.00 to $205.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
- 4/1/2019 – Linde was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 3/22/2019 – Linde is now covered by analysts at Argus. They set a “hold” rating and a $175.10 price target on the stock.
Shares of LIN traded up $6.42 during trading on Thursday, reaching $187.28. The company’s stock had a trading volume of 40,654 shares, compared to its average volume of 1,686,203. Linde PLC has a twelve month low of $145.95 and a twelve month high of $185.92. The firm has a market cap of $98.55 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 28.28, a PEG ratio of 1.97 and a beta of 0.77. The company has a quick ratio of 1.21, a current ratio of 1.35 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.22.
Linde (NYSE:LIN) last issued its quarterly earnings results on Friday, May 10th. The basic materials company reported $1.69 earnings per share for the quarter, beating the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $1.54 by $0.15. Linde had a return on equity of 14.95% and a net margin of 23.52%. The business had revenue of $6.94 billion during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $7.03 billion. On average, equities analysts expect that Linde PLC will post 6.86 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
The company also recently declared a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Monday, June 17th. Stockholders of record on Monday, June 3rd will be issued a $0.875 dividend. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Friday, May 31st. This represents a $3.50 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 1.87%.
In other news, CEO Stephen F. Angel sold 54,994 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Monday, April 8th. The stock was sold at an average price of $184.46, for a total value of $10,144,193.24. The sale was disclosed in a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which can be accessed through the SEC website. Also, insider Anne K. Roby sold 3,159 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Wednesday, March 20th. The shares were sold at an average price of $176.77, for a total value of $558,416.43. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders sold a total of 65,926 shares of company stock valued at $12,140,692 over the last quarter. Company insiders own 0.23% of the company’s stock.
Several hedge funds and other institutional investors have recently modified their holdings of LIN. Patriot Financial Group Insurance Agency LLC bought a new position in Linde during the 1st quarter worth $29,000. Truvestments Capital LLC acquired a new position in Linde during the 1st quarter worth $30,000. Heritage Trust Co acquired a new position in Linde during the 4th quarter worth $31,000. Sharkey Howes & Javer acquired a new position in Linde during the 4th quarter worth $31,000. Finally, Flagship Harbor Advisors LLC acquired a new position in Linde during the 4th quarter worth $31,000. Institutional investors and hedge funds own 74.12% of the company’s stock.
Linde plc operates as an industrial gas company in North and South America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and the Asia Pacific. The company offers oxygen, nitrogen, argon, rare gases, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, helium, hydrogen, electronic gases, specialty gases, and acetylene. It also designs and constructs turnkey process plants, such as olefin, natural gas, air separation, and hydrogen and synthesis gas plants.
Read More: What is the Ex-Dividend Date in Investing?
Receive News & Ratings for Linde PLC Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Linde PLC and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.