A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for Pentair (NYSE: PNR):
- 4/22/2019 – Pentair had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Cowen Inc. They now have a $45.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $52.00.
- 4/18/2019 – Pentair had its price target lowered by analysts at BMO Capital Markets to $39.00. They now have a “market perform” rating on the stock.
- 4/10/2019 – Pentair had its price target lowered by analysts at BMO Capital Markets from $47.00 to $43.00. They now have a “market perform” rating on the stock.
- 4/10/2019 – Pentair was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “For 2019, Pentair projects adjusted EPS of $2.30-$2.35, down from the prior view of $2.50-$2.60. The company anticipates sales in 2019 will likely be up 1-2%, on a reported basis, lower from the previously-guided range of 5-6%. On core basis, sales growth will be flat to up 1%, which is also well below the prior guidance of 4-5%. However, Pentair remains well positioned to invest in the business backed by strong free cash flow and low debt levels. All of its segments are poised to deliver improved results in 2019. It continues to introduce new products, make acquisitions and investments in sync with its key growth initiatives of advancing pool growth, and accelerating residential and commercial water treatment.”
- 4/9/2019 – Pentair was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 4/3/2019 – Pentair was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $51.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “For 2019, Pentair projects adjusted EPS in the range of $2.50-$2.60, an increase of 6% to 11% year over year. The company anticipates sales to grow roughly 5-6% on a reported basis and 4-5% on core basis. All of its segments are poised to deliver improved results in 2019. Pentair remains well positioned to invest in the business backed by strong free cash flow and low debt levels. It continues to introduce new products, make acquisitions and investments in sync with its key growth initiatives of advancing pool growth, and accelerating residential and commercial water treatment. In line with this, Pentair recently entered into two strategic acquisitions – Aquion and Pelican Water Systems, which is likely to add roughly $110 million to its revenues.”
- 3/20/2019 – Pentair was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
NYSE PNR traded down $0.46 on Monday, reaching $37.76. The stock had a trading volume of 22,237 shares, compared to its average volume of 2,280,983. The company has a current ratio of 1.77, a quick ratio of 0.80 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.73. Pentair PLC has a 12-month low of $35.30 and a 12-month high of $72.96. The stock has a market cap of $6.52 billion, a P/E ratio of 16.07, a P/E/G ratio of 2.82 and a beta of 1.25.
Pentair (NYSE:PNR) last issued its quarterly earnings data on Wednesday, April 17th. The industrial products company reported $0.43 earnings per share for the quarter, meeting the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $0.43. Pentair had a return on equity of 21.45% and a net margin of 10.13%. The company had revenue of $689.90 million during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $795.82 million. During the same quarter in the previous year, the business earned $0.49 earnings per share. The firm’s revenue for the quarter was down 5.8% on a year-over-year basis. As a group, research analysts predict that Pentair PLC will post 2.32 earnings per share for the current year.
The firm also recently disclosed a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Friday, May 3rd. Shareholders of record on Friday, April 19th will be given a $0.18 dividend. This represents a $0.72 annualized dividend and a yield of 1.91%. The ex-dividend date is Wednesday, April 17th. Pentair’s payout ratio is 30.64%.
In other Pentair news, SVP Ademir Sarcevic sold 2,435 shares of the stock in a transaction on Monday, April 1st. The stock was sold at an average price of $45.00, for a total value of $109,575.00. Following the completion of the transaction, the senior vice president now owns 2,763 shares in the company, valued at $124,335. The transaction was disclosed in a document filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available at this hyperlink. Also, COO Karl R. Frykman sold 10,241 shares of the stock in a transaction on Friday, February 1st. The stock was sold at an average price of $41.28, for a total value of $422,748.48. Following the completion of the transaction, the chief operating officer now owns 60,877 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $2,513,002.56. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders sold 12,942 shares of company stock valued at $543,730 in the last quarter. 0.80% of the stock is currently owned by company insiders.
Institutional investors have recently bought and sold shares of the business. Norges Bank purchased a new stake in shares of Pentair during the 4th quarter valued at about $66,268,000. Impax Asset Management Group plc raised its stake in shares of Pentair by 73.9% in the 4th quarter. Impax Asset Management Group plc now owns 3,386,199 shares of the industrial products company’s stock worth $127,931,000 after buying an additional 1,438,974 shares in the last quarter. Nordea Investment Management AB acquired a new position in shares of Pentair in the 3rd quarter worth $30,745,000. Two Sigma Advisers LP grew its holdings in shares of Pentair by 292.7% in the 4th quarter. Two Sigma Advisers LP now owns 893,550 shares of the industrial products company’s stock worth $33,758,000 after acquiring an additional 666,000 shares during the last quarter. Finally, Bank of New York Mellon Corp grew its holdings in shares of Pentair by 56.5% in the 3rd quarter. Bank of New York Mellon Corp now owns 1,774,904 shares of the industrial products company’s stock worth $76,942,000 after acquiring an additional 640,849 shares during the last quarter. 85.79% of the stock is currently owned by institutional investors.
Pentair plc provides various smart water solutions worldwide. It operates through three segments: Aquatic Systems, Filtration Solutions, and Flow Technologies. The Aquatic Systems segment manufactures and sells residential and commercial pool equipment and accessories, including pumps, filters, heaters, lights, automatic controls, automatic cleaners, maintenance equipment, and pool accessories for residential and commercial pool maintenance, pool repair, renovation, service and construction, and aquaculture solution applications.
Further Reading: Do You Need a Fiduciary?
Receive News & Ratings for Pentair PLC Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Pentair PLC and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.